- Title Pages
- About the Contributors
- Editors' Acknowledgments
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Materiality and Media in Communication and Technology Studies
- 3 Steps Toward Cosmopolitanism in the Study of Media Technologies
- 4 Closer to the Metal
- 5 Emerging Configurations of Knowledge Expression
- 6 “What Do We Want?” “Materiality!” “When Do We Want It?” “Now!”
- 7 Mediations and Their Others
- 8 Making Media Work
- 9 The Relevance of Algorithms
- 10 The Fog of Freedom
- 11 Rethinking Repair
- 12 Identifying the Interests of Digital Users as Audiences, Consumers, Workers, and Publics
- 13 The World Outside and the Pictures in Our Networks
- Author Index
- Subject Index
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .