- Title Pages
- A Timeline of the Events in Singur
- Introduction Life Beyond Land: Aspirations, Ambivalence, and the Double Life of Development
- Chapter 1 “We Are <i>Chasi</i>, Not <i>Chasa</i>”: Emergence of Land-Based Subjectivities
- Chapter 2 Land Is Like Gold: (In)commensurability and the Politics of Land
- Chapter 3 Land Is Like a Mother: The Contradictions of Village-Level Protests
- Chapter 4 “Peasants” Against Industrialization: Images of the Peasantry and Urban Activists’ Representations of the Rural
- Conclusion: Value Versus Values?
- Postscript: From a Defunct Factory to a “Crematorium”
- People's Car
- Fordham University Press
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .