- Title Pages
- Glossary of East Asian Names
- Glossary of East Asian Terms
- The Contributors
- Editor’s Introduction: Four Centuries of Islamic Thought in Chinese
- 1 A Proper Place for God: Ma Zhu’s Chinese-Islamic Cosmogenesis
- 2 Liu Zhi: The Great Integrator of Chinese Islamic Thought
- 3 <i>Tianfang Sanzijing</i>: Exchanges and Changes in China’s Reception of Islamic Law
- 4 The Multiple Meanings of Pilgrimage in Sino-Islamic Thought
- 5 Ethnicity or Religion? Republican-Era Chinese Debates on Islam and Muslims
- 6 Selective Learning from the Middle East: The Case of Sino-Muslim Students at al-Azhar University
- 7 Secularisation and Modernisation of Islam in China: Educational Reform, Japanese Occupation and the Disappearance of Persian Learning
- 8 Between ‘Abd al-Wahhab and Liu Zhi: Chinese Muslim Intellectuals at the Turn of the Twenty-first Century
- Islamic Thought in China
- Jonathan Lipman
- Edinburgh University Press
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .