- Title Pages
- Series Editors’ Preface
- Editor’s Acknowledgments
- Rome, <i>Season Two Episode Listing</i>
- Rome, <i>Season Two Cast List</i>
- 1 A Touch Too Cerebral
- 2 Discharging Pullo and Vorenus
- 3 Gangsterism in <i>Rome</i>
- 4 Class, Chaos, and Control in <i>Rome</i>
- 5 Earning Immortality
- 6 The Triumvirate of the Ring in <i>Rome</i>
- 7 Jews and Judaism in Rome
- 8 Revenge and Rivalry in <i>Rome</i>
- 9 Effigies of Atia and Servilia
- 10 Livia, Sadomasochism, and the Anti-Augustan Tradition in <i>Rome</i>
- 11 Windows and Mirrors
- 12 Antony and Atia
- 13 Problematic Masculinity
- 14 <i>Rome</i>, Shakespeare, and the Dynamics of the Cleopatra Reception
- 15 The Rattle of the Sistrum
- 16 Gateways to Vice
- 17 Slashing <i>Rome</i>
Cicero’s Death Scene in Rome
- (p.61) 5 Earning Immortality
- Rome Season Two
- Edinburgh University Press
The chapter, “Earning Immortality: Cicero’s Death Scene in Rome,” by Eran Almagor, details how the second season of the series Rome presents the much-anticipated murder scene of the famous orator, Marcus Tullius Cicero, during the proscriptions led by Octavian and Antony. This chapter describes how the writers of the episode deftly interweave historical fact with dramatic invention using the themes of fatherhood and immortality. This chapter also explores Pullo’s status in this scene as incidental agent of history.
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .