- Title Pages
- I <i>Pearls Scattered</i>: An Introduction
- II A Women’s World History, in the World of Arabic Letters: A Reader’s View
- III Founding Mothers, Speaking Sisters: Lineaments of Community in History
- IV Writerly Pursuits: A Compiler’s Archive
- V A Beckoning <i>Compass</i>, Circulating Lives: The Bustani Encyclopedia and Other Nineteenth-century Sources
- VI Interlocutors? Men Authoring Women’s History in the 1890s
- VII Framing a History of the Present: or, Did the <i>Pearls</i> Scatter to the World’s Fair?
- VIII Violent Romances: The Bodily Drama of Patriarchal Trauma
- Conclusion: A World of Women, Feminist History and the Importance of the Feminine Signature
- Appendix I: Translations
- Appendix II: List of Fawwaz’s <i>Pearls</i>
- Classes of Ladies of Cloistered Spaces
- Edinburgh University Press
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .