- Title Pages
- Notes on transliteration and dating
- I Introduction
- 2 Early Islam and late antiquity
- 3 New directions in the early Islamic period
- 4 The countryside
- 5 Towns, cities and palaces
- 6 Religious practice in the Islamic world
- 7 Crafts and industry
- 8 Travel and trade
- 9 The ‘post-medieval’ Islamic world
- 10 Conclusion
- Dynasties and periods
- An Introduction to Islamic Archaeology
- Edinburgh University Press
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .