- Title Pages
- 1 In Place of Ritual
- 2 The City and the Pagoda
- 3 Territorial Cults and the Urbanization of the Chinese World
- 4 Global and Religious
- 5 The Muharram Procession of Mumbai
- 6 Urban Processions
- 7 Urban Megachurches and Contentious Religious Politics in Seoul
- 8 Good Thoughts, Good Words, and Good (Trust) Deeds
- 9 The Urban Development and Heritage Contestation of Bangkok’s Chinatown
- 10 Dealing with the Dragon
- 11 Contested Religious Space in Jakarta
- 12 Urban Buddhism in the Thai Postmetropolis
- 13 From Village to City
- 14 The Politics of Desecularization
- 15 Parallel Universes
- 16 The Flexibility of Religion
- 17 Cultivating Happiness
- 18 Other Christians as Christian Others
- 19 Aspiring in Karachi
- 20 Can Commodities be Sacred?
- 21 Cinema and Karachi in the 1960s
- 22 The Cinematic Soteriology of Bollywood
- 23 Media, Urban Aspirations, and Religious Mobilization Among Twelver Shi‘ites in Mumbai
- 24 Internet Hindus
- Handbook of Religion and the Asian City
- University of California Press
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .