- Title Pages
- The Field Guide Online
- 1 Librarianship—Full Stop
- 2 They Named the Building after Us
- 3 The Mission of Librarians
- 4 Knowledge Creation
- 5 Facilitation
- 6 Participatory Systems
- 7 Improve Society
- 8 Librarians
- 9 Pragmatic Utopians
- 10 What Is a Library?
- 11 Saving Money and the World
- 12 A Platform for Knowledge Development
- 13 Fitting Knowledge in a Box
- 14 Academic Libraries
- 15 School Libraries
- 16 Public Libraries
- 17 Engines of Advancement
- 18 Coda
- Excursus: From Mission to Missionary
- Facilitating New Librarianship Learning
- Observations from the Field
- FAQs (Frequently Argued Questions)
- Discussion Points
- Additional Reading
- (p.131) 14 Academic Libraries
- The New Librarianship Field Guide
R. David Lankes
- The MIT Press
Academic libraries proactively speed the scholarly conversation. This chapter covers several ideas for implementing community/knowledge based services in academic libraries.
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .