- Title Pages
- 1 Catalina Mountain School, Tucson, Arizona
- 2 A Road Map of the Catalina Interviews
- 3 Symbolic Dimensions and Primary Meanings
- 4 Three Clusters of Primary Meanings
- 5 Placing the Clusters in Practice Contexts
- 6 The Sensual, Moral, and Political Dimensions of Guns
- Part Two Exploring Methodological Sensibilities
- 7 Sartre and the Phenomenological Gaze
- 8 Lévi-strauss and the Structural Map
- 9 Bourdieu and Practice Theory
- 10 Butler and the Perfsormative
- 11 Embracing the Paradigm of Dirty Hands
- Part Three Mapping Law and Public Policy
- 12 A Genealogy of the Youth Gun Field
- 13 The Landscape of Law and Public Policy
- 14 Leaps of Faith in Levitt and Bourgois
- 15 Making Ethical Choices in Law and Public Policy
- Appendix: Treatment of Juvenile Records in State Sentencing
- Language of the Gun
- University of Chicago Press
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .