- Title Pages
- A Note on References and Citations
- Chapter 1 Prelude: Before Augustine
- Chapter 2 Augustine
- Chapter 3 Boethius
- Chapter 4 The Early Middle Ages and the Christianization of Europe
- Chapter 5 Abelard
- Chapter 6 John of Salisbury and the Encyclopaedic Tradition
- Chapter 7 Arabi, Mongolia and Beyond: Contemporary Pagans in the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Centuries
- Chapter 8 Aristotelian Wisdom: Unity, Rejection or Relativism
- Chapter 9 University Theologians on Pagan Virtue and Salvation
- Chapter 10 Dante and Boccaccio
- Chapter 11 Langland and Chaucer
- Chapter 12 Pagan Knowledge, 1400–1700
- Chapter 13 Pagan Virtue, 1400–1700
- Chapter 14 The Salvation of Pagans, 1400–1700
- Epilogue Leibniz and China
- General Conclusion
- Pagans and Philosophers
- Princeton University Press
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .