- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 “Intimate Frontiers”
- 3 Playing the Race Card in Japanese-Governed Taiwan
- 4 Assimilation’s Racializing Sensibilities
- 5 How Do Abject Bodies Respond?
- 6 Faces that Change
- 7 Speaking Japanese
- 8 Race behind the Walls
- 9 Imagining an Affective Community in Asia
- 10 Racialized Sounds and Cinematic Affect
- 11 Chang Hyŏkchu and the Short Twentieth Century
- 12 Japan the Beautiful
- 13 Implied Promises Betrayed
- 14 <i>The Sun Never Sets on</i> Little Black Sambo
- 15 Delivering Lu Xun to the Empire
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .