- Title Pages
- Situating Tobacco Chronologically vis-à-vis Oceania
- Part one The History, Economy, and Ethnography of Tobacco in Oceania
- Chapter 1 Introduction and Historical Background
- Chapter 2 Tobacco as a Comestible
- Chapter 3 Pipe Dreams
- Chapter 4 Tobacco in Indigenous Trade
- Chapter 5 Tobacco as an Object of Exchange between Islanders and Foreigners
- Chapter 6 From Tobacco Trade to Tobacco Production
- Chapter 7 Death, Taxes, and Tobacco Control
- Part Two The Medical Anthropology of Tobacco in Oceania
- Chapter 8 Aotearoa: “Land of the Long White Smoke Cloud”
- Chapter 9 U.S. Associated Micronesia
- Chapter 10 Native Hawaiians: Kānaka Maoli
- Chapter 11 Tobaccosis
- References Cited
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .