- Title Pages
- Abbreviations and Conventions
- 1 Pilgrimage, Popular Devotion, and the Reemergence of Hokkeji
- 2 Envisioning Nuns
- 3 Envisioning Nuns
- 4 Hokkeji’s Place in Eison’s Vinaya Revival Movement
- 5 Social and Economic Life at Hokkeji and Its Branch Convents
- 6 Ritual Life at Medieval Hokkeji
- 7 Representations of Women and Gender in Ritsu Literature
- Character Glossary
- Works Cited and Consulted
- Kuroda Institute Studies in East Asian Buddhism
- Production Notes
- Hokkeji and the Reemergence of Female Monastic Orders in Premodern Japan
- University of Hawai'i Press
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .