- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Telling Tales Out of School
- Chapter 3 “Licentiousness has slain its hundreds of thousands”
- Chapter 4 Gay Sexualities and Complicities
- Chapter 5 “What about Other Translation Routes (East–West)?”
- Chapter 6 Gaze Upon Sakura
- Chapter 7 Globalizing Gender Culture
- Chapter 8 Performing Contradictions, Performing Bad-Girlness in Japan
- Chapter 9 The Social Imaginary and Kin Recruitment
- Chapter 10 Breaking the Code
- Chapter 11 Headloads
- Chapter 12 Gender and Modernity in a Chinese Economic Zone
- Chapter 13 Female Sex Slavery or Just Women’s Work?
- Chapter 14 “Do No Harm”
- Chapter 15 Gender, Globalization, and Militarization
- Chapter 16 Environmental Effects of U.S. Military Security
- Chapter 17 Globalizing and Gendered Forces
- Chapter 18 Advancing Feminist Thinking on Globalization
- Gender and Globalization in Asia and the Pacific
- University of Hawai'i Press
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .