- Title Pages
- List of tables
- Notes on contributors
- Introduction Disability and poverty: a global challenge
- One Social inclusion of people with disabilities in poverty reduction policies and instruments: initial impressions from Malawi and Uganda
- Two Disability, poverty and healthcare: changes in the <i>canji</i> (‘disability’) policies in the history of the People's Republic of China
- Three Living conditions among people with disabilities in developing countries
- Four “No disabled can go here…”: how education affects disability and poverty in Malawi
- Five “We too are disabled”: disability grants and poverty politics in rural South Africa
- Six Displacement, mobility and poverty in northern Uganda
- Seven Where culture really matters: disability and well-being in Yemen
- Eight Disability and barriers in Kenya
- Nine Disability and social suffering in Zimbabwe
- Ten “My story started from food shortage and hunger”: living with landmines in Cambodia
- Eleven Poverty as trauma: methodological problems when reality gets ugly
- Epilogue Some concluding thoughts: the way ahead
- Disability and poverty
- Policy Press
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .