- Title Pages
- List of figures, tables and boxes
- List of acronyms
- Copyright material
- One Introduction: what are ‘weak market cities’?
- Two Industrial giants: emerging on the back of history
- Three A change of direction: political turmoil and a ferment of new ideas
- Four Neighbourhood interventions: can small scale make a difference in big cities?
- Part Two Learning from 50 years of boom and bust: seven European case studies
- Five Leipzig
- Six Bremen
- Seven Sheffield
- Eight Belfast
- Nine Bilbao
- Ten Torino
- Eleven Saint-Étienne
- Twelve Measuring the recovery of weak market cities
- Thirteen How do US weak market cities compare with Europe?
- Fourteen Will the US cities recover?
- Fifteen Lessons for Europe
- Sixteen What have the European cities taught us? Where does the future lie?
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .