- Title Pages
- List of figures, tables, maps and boxes
- Notes on contributors
- One Introduction
- Two The role of time preference and perspective in socioeconomic inequalities in health-related behaviours
- Three Examination of the built environment and prevalence of obesity: neighbourhood characteristics, food purchasing venues, green space and distribution of Body Mass Index
- Four Reinventing healthy and sustainable communities: reconnecting public health and urban planning
- Five How and why do interventions that increase health overall widen inequalities within populations?
- Six The metaphor of the miner's canary and black-white disparities in health: a review of intergenerational socioeconomic factors and perinatal outcomes
- Seven From adversary to ally: the evolution of non-governmental organisations in the context of health reform in Santiago and Montevideo
- Eight Health inequalities and the role of psychosocial work factors: the Whitehall II Study
- Nine Inequality, psychosocial health and societal health: a model of inter-group conflict
- Ten The social epidemiology of population health during the time of transition from communism in Central and Eastern Europe
- Eleven The impact of inequality: empirical evidence
- Twelve ‘Public goods’, metropolitan inequality and population health in comparative perspective: policy and theory
- Thirteen Inequality and health: models for moving from science to policy
- Fourteen Promoting public understanding of population health
- Fifteen Health, inequalities and mobilisation: human rights and the Millennium Development Goals
- Sixteen What the public needs to know about social inequality and public health
- Social inequality and public health
- Policy Press
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .