- Title Pages
- Figures and Tables
- 1 The Early History of Chinese Alchemy and the Way of the Great Clarity
- 2 The Heaven of Great Clarity
- 3 The Great Clarity Corpus
- 4 The Crucible and the Elixir
- 5 The Ritual Sequence
- 6 The Medicines of Great Clarity
- 7 Gods, Demons, and Elixirs: Alchemy in Fourth-Century Jiangnan
- 8 The Way of the Great Clarity and Daoism in the Six Dynasties
- 9 Scripture of the Nine Elixirs
- 10 Scripture of the Golden Liquor
- 11 Scripture of the Reverted Elixir in Nine Cycles
- 12 The Later History of Chinese Alchemy and the Decline of the Great Clarity
- A Dates of Texts in the Waidan Corpus
- B Additional Notes on Great Clarity and Related Texts
- C Additional Notes on the Commentary to the Scripture of the Nine Elixirs
- Works Quoted
University Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .