Oxford University Press and the University Press Scholarship Online (UPSO) team are delighted to announce that, starting today, books from over half of UPSO’s contributing presses can now be purchased individually, on a title-by-title basis, by institutions all over the globe. Additional presses will join this new sales model throughout the course of the year.
The 13 presses who have launched UPSO title-by-title will join Oxford Scholarship Online, which moved to the sales model last year. This new model allows for greater flexibility in gaining access to the best scholarly works from some of the world’s most prestigious academic presses, and enables libraries and institutions to build their own custom collections best-suited for their needs. As well as OSO, the thirteen presses who have launched are:
- British Academy Publications
- Edinburgh University Press
- University Press of Florida
- Fordham University Press
- Hong Kong University Press
- University Press of Kentucky
- Liverpool University Press
- Manchester University Press
- University of Minnesota Press
- University Press of Mississippi
- University of North Carolina Press
- Policy Press
- Stanford University Press
Customers can now choose individual titles from a selection of thousands of books, spanning almost every area of academia across the humanities, social sciences, sciences, medicine, and law. With more presses joining the sales model this year, as well as UPSO publishing new books three times a year, this number will grow rapidly.